www.888lots.com - Privacy Notice
Last Updated: 23 May 2018
1416 East Linden Avenue Linden,
NJ, 07036 USA
Data Protection Officer: Steven Balawajder
What Personal Information about Customers Does 888 DIGITAL Gather and Use?
The information we learn from customers helps us to improve your purchasing experience at 888 DIGITAL. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us. We will often display content such as wish lists and customer reviews and recommend merchandise that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our platform, and to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website.
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You provide most such information when you search, buy, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information in establishing your customer account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one E-Mail address when shopping with us) or Your Profile; communicate with us by phone, E-Mail or otherwise; As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as: your name, age, address and phone number; credit card information; shipping locations (including addresses and phone numbers); people (with addresses and phone numbers) financial information, including your identity card number.
- E-Mail Communications: to help us make E-Mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open E-Mail from 888 DIGITAL if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive E-Mail or other mail from us, please contact us or click on the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of all email marketing pieces.
- Information From Other Sources: we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Examples of information we receive from other sources include: financial information and background checks for enhanced due diligence, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud.
What about Cookies?
- Gather customer journey information on our sites only
- Temporarily store input information in our tools
- Evaluate our sites' advertising and promotional effectiveness (we own the anonymous data collected and don't share it with anyone)
Does 888 DIGITAL share the information it receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. 888 DIGITAL shares customer information only as described below:
- Required by law
- This most often relates to government tax reporting requirements or in terms of a court order or if required in terms of legislation or in accordance with the common law. 888 DIGITAL will, however, in all instances required by law, only disclose the information specifically requested.
- In the public interest
888 DIGITAL may be asked to disclose customer information for matters of public interest, e.g. to assist in the prevention of crimes. Before complying with these requests, 888 DIGITAL takes every precaution to ensure the authorities involved have legitimate grounds to make such a request.
888 DIGITAL will never sell customer information to any other external party. It is important to note that where customer information is provided for marketing services, it is only done so with your consent as described above.
Use of Google Analytics
888 DIGITAL uses Google Analytics features based on Display Advertising (e.g. Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting). Visitors can opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings.
888 DIGITAL will not facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information previously collected from Display Advertising features that is based on the DoubleClick cookie unless we have robust notice of, and the user’s prior affirmative (i.e. opt-in) consent to, that merger. Visitors to our website may also use the following Google tool to opt-out: Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on
888 DIGITAL uses Remarketing tools in the form of:
- Interest categories
- Similar audiences
- Other types of interest-based advertising
- Demographic and location targeting
We will not run interest-based advertising campaigns that collect personally identifiable information (PII) including, but not limited to, email addresses, telephone numbers and credit card numbers. We will not use or associate personally identifiable information with remarketing lists, cookies, data feeds or other anonymous identifiers. We will not use or associate targeting information, such as demographics or location, with any personally identifiable information collected from the ad or its landing page(s).
We will not share any personally identifiable information with Google through our remarketing tag or any product data feeds which might be associated with our ads.
We abide by the policy for sensitive categories outlined below:
- When creating a remarketing list, we will not use any sensitive information about our site or app visitors, whether we collected it directly or associated it with a visitor, based on the visitor’s profile or behavior on our site or app
- Restrictions on list creation may apply to both individual web pages and entire websites or apps
- Ad content may not imply knowledge of personally identifiable or sensitive information
We acknowledge Google may include in-ads notice labels to disclose interest-based advertising to our users.
- Google reserves the right to display to users which remarketing lists they’re on, along with the corresponding domain name
- We aren’t allowed to modify or obscure these notices
- We can implement our own in-ads notice with written consent from Google, and the label must comply with relevant industry standards
- Third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites across the Internet
- We and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to our website
We have implemented Google Display Network Impression Reporting and/or the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration:
- 888 DIGITAL and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to report how our ad impressions, other uses of ad services and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our site.
We have implemented Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting and, accordingly, disclose that:
- We will use data from Google’s Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics to target interest based advertising to visitors of our site.
888 DIGITAL may use customer information to send the customer information on new services or products that may be of interest to the customer and from time to time will mail, e-mail or SMS information to the customer.
Remember, regular non-encrypted e-mail is not secure. For this reason 888 DIGITAL will not include confidential account information in a non-encrypted e-mail response.
888 DIGITAL will further never request the customer, via the use of non-encrypted e-mail, to provide 888 DIGITAL with personal information, such as your account number; PIN or password, etc.
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
How Secure is Information About Me?
The security of your personal information is very important to us. In an effort to protect your personal information, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology with 256 bit encryption. If your browser supports SSL (most current browsers do), it will automatically encrypt the information you provide to us on the secure pages on our site, before sending it over the Internet.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site may contain links to manufacturers, third-party tools, marketplaces and other related sites for your benefit. 888 DIGITAL is not responsible for the privacy practices, security, or content of such web sites. If you click on one of these links, you will be redirected to their web site and in doing so you may provide information directly to them.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase, see prices, verify membership privileges or to take advantage of website features
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the Customer Profile section. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the previous version for our records.
- If you don't want to receive E-Mail or other mail from us, please adjust your customer preferences or click on the unsubscribe link included on all marketing pieces.
Are Children Allowed to Use 888 DIGITAL’ Websites?
888 DIGITAL doesn't sell products for purchase by children. 888 DIGITAL only sells to registered customers who go thru a customer application process
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at 888 DIGITAL’ websites include: up-to-date information regarding recent orders; status of negotiated offers, personally identifiable information (including name, E-Mail, password, E-Mail notification settings, and watch lists
888 DIGITAL Websites